WordPress Simply is a web publishing software or we can say its a free open source content management system [CMS] which you can use to create your own website or a blog. This has become one of the most popular and famous web publishing platforms which include template system & plugin architecture.
WordPress is most associated with blogging but supports other types of web content as well, including more traditional mailing lists, Forums, media galleries and online stores.
Many people don’t know WordPress is much more, just than a blogging tool. It is a highly flexible content management system that enables you to build and manage your website using a web browser.
WordPress includes thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes that help you to build any type of website that you imagine. It is an open source project which means the source code of the software is available for anyone to study, modify and play with. so, hundreds of people from worldwide voluntarily work on it for its improvisation.
The Important Points Of WordPress are:
- Online presence – No matter what kind of writer you are you need a website. The website gives you an online presence to your products and services. It helps you to reach your potential clients to book your products and services.
- Blog and post management- You can use WordPress to manage blogs. you can edit posts after writing them. You can edit them in multiple ways like single edit, quick edit and multiple edits.
- Website management – You can manage multiple websites efficiently by using WordPress. having more than one admin panel you can manage all of them here in a single dashboard efficiently.
- Search Engine Optimization – WordPress is SEO friendly having various SEO Plugins which can help your post to establish position on the internet immediately
- Online transactions -WordPress is malware free there is no danger of getting websites affected.
- Responsive websites -WordPress enables the development of responsive websites with its development it has become so simple for writers to interact with their fellow beings where the can share their thoughts in common.
Elements of WordPress:
You reach your WordPress Dashboard by adding the /wp-admin to your site URL (https://yoursitename.com/wp-admin) When you’re working from your site’s Dashboard, it is referred to as working in the “Back-End” of your site. There are two parts to WordPress: The Public and the Private. You can liken this to the public area and back-office area of any business. The front end of the site is what the site visitor sees in their browser, while the backend is where you manage content.
- A theme is an idea, a piece of writing, an architecture and so on. But what exactly it means when we talk about the WordPress CMS, it determines the feel & looks of your site whether it is of a company or of an individual.
- They allow users to change the look and functionality of a website without altering the core code or site content.
- Themes change the layout of the websites and give rich look and feel to the readers. If the layout is attractive its impact will be positive and vice versa. We can change our themes irrespective of affecting the content.
- In a WordPress, the Themes are found in the appearance section while moving the cursor to the appearance the dropdown will be shown, we need to click on Themes then select any of the themes present in WordPress or it may be uploaded manually.
The plugin is a software component that adds a specific feature to an existing computer programme When a program supports plug-ins, it enables customization.
Simply defining Plugin is a supportive software, having distinct features which help in the smooth functioning of the site for example “Yoast SEO” helps in search engine optimization.
Plugins are bits of code that can help in extending the functionality of a WordPress site.
Widgets are simple application extensions that enable users to perform a function or to access a service. In WordPress, widgets are mostly placed on the sidebars for the extended abilities.
Widgets allow WordPress developers to add functionality to their sites such as a slideshow, Facebook-like box, small news slider, and more.
There are Some additional features of WordPress which are mentioned below:
- Themes can be customized
- SEO(Search Engine Optimization) for ranking of the site.
- Auto upgradation system for updations
- Addition of Multiple pages
- You can Embed links, videos and multimedia
- You can use an image editor to edit images
- Accessibility, Flexibility, and security modes available
- Multilingual support is over here.
Extendable by Using Themes and Plugins
Above we have mentioned the Themes and plugins both of them have their unique features
The reason why WordPress is such an ideal thing because there are thousands of free themes to choose from.
WordPress themes are easy to customize because a lot of them come with their own options panel allowing you to change colours, upload logo, change the background, create beautiful sliders, and can do much more.
Themes and plugins can change the look and feel of your website so whatever design comes in your mind you can change it accordingly irrespective of changing the content. They basically help in smoothening the user experience as well user interface.
Not only these plugins can add extra functionality to WordPress, but themes also play their pivotal role in enhancing its layout and design, both of them can add a whole new platform to your WordPress site.
Search Engine Friendly & Easy To Manage
By its simple and user-friendly layout, WordPress is very SEO friendly and you can make it more simple for optimizing your content by using WordPress SEO plugins.
WordPress is very simple to manage you need to update your plugins and themes you can do it from the WordPress admin dashboard. whenever there’s a new version of WORDPRESS, Themes, or of plugins it notifies you for the same and you can update them just by clicking a single button.
By setting up WordPress automated regular backup you can keep your content safe.
How Does WordPress Work?
WordPress is a system that lets you create pages or post without having to learn all that complicated HTML codes. To do this, you’ll simply log into your account and enter the dashboard of your Website.
Once you’re here, you then will either click new post or page — which is where you can start writing content. You can start building any type of website whether an e-commerce, blogging anything which can imagine.
Also in the dashboard settings, you can do things like change the appearance of your website “or theme”, add plugins which give you more versatility with your website, and also use widgets to help with the navigation of your site.