WordPress Simply is a web publishing software or we can say its a free open source content management system [CMS] which you can use to create your own website or a blog. This has become one of the most popular and famous web publishing platforms which include a plugin architecture and a template system.
11 Steps for How To Use WordPress?
1. Visit the WordPress site.
- Tap on the “Start button” to accept your new blog on the WordPress page. This is the free version in which you get space on WordPress which is like (example.wordpress.com)
- If you want to have your own alone space like (example.com) you need to have your own web have (web hosting and domain name).
- For the free version, you don’t require your personal domain or hosting.
2. Enter your information.
- You need to fill out all the required fields to create a Blog.
- Create your WordPress username by entering a valid email address.
- Under features, click on “Create Blog” to create your free blog.
- Don’t forget to read the terms of service! You have an option of removing the WordPress tag from your URL but u need to pay a certain amount for the same for a period of one year.
3. Create an address for your blog.
- you need to create the address (URL) for your blog during the sign-up process.
- Once the URL is created you are unable to change it.
- However, If you want a new URL address you need to create a new blog on the same account.
4. Open your activation email.
- When you sign-up a confirmation email will be sent to you with an activation link for activating your account.
- Go to your email and click on the activation link to activate your blog.
- Once the account activates, a new window will appear in front of you called the “Dashboard”
- The dashboard is the focal point when editing your blog
- Dashboard comprises of all the essential elements which you require for creating a Blog.
5. Give your new blog a title.
- After approaching the dashboard on the left-hand side click on the settings tab to change the settings according to your familiarity.
- You can edit everything over here just like email address, privacy setting, give it a tagline, title your blog and many more.
- You need to spend some time on the dashboard in order to explore all the features and get familiar with them.
6. Give your blog a theme.
- One of the pickiest sections of your Blog is the “Theme” that it has.
- A theme is a unique and distinct thing having a colour scheme and a specific layout that gives your blog a particular design and interesting feel.
- You can explore unlimited themes in the WordPress dashboard by clicking on the “appearance” tab.
- Browse themes in the themes section and select one that you think functions well with the topic of your Blog.
- You can change the theme anytime.
- Most of the themes are free but Some are “Premium” themes and need to be purchased.
7. Make your first blog post.
- Now you can click on the “Posts” tab then click to “Add New” to start writing your first blog.
- Give your Post a title which you think is attractive and catchy.
- Ensure that the post has an introductory feel to it and get first-time readers attracted
8. Manage your widgets.
- WordPress dashboard comprises a section of widgets which are shown on the right side on the homepage of your blog.
- The most common gadgets are the search bar, a Facebook “Like” Option, and an Archives link.
- In order to add or remove widgets, we need to click on the appearance section which is on the left side of the dashboard then go to the widgets section to drag the available widgets to drag section or to remove the section.
- To add a new widget we need to drag it from the widget menu which is present on the left side and feature them into the widget boxes on the right side of the screen.
- If you want to remove any of the widgets tap on the drop down where there is a delete option available you can delete them directly or drag them out of the widget box and back into the available widgets.
9. Add pages to your blog.
- Besides your main posting wall, a WordPress blog may contain a number of pages as well.
- with the aid of the pages, we can categorize the different content that is featured in your blog.
- We have different pages available with us like “contact us” which helps our viewers to get in touch with us or with the company.
- In order to create a new page, go to the drop-down menu click on > pages>add new and then give your page a Title, and then start writing the content for your page.
- You need to spend some time on the dashboard to understand all the functionalities each and every function is selected in a similar way just like tap>add>select>done.
10. Set your blog apart.
- If you are performing your duties in a right way which nobody does then you can survive “Survival is of the Fittest”. If you want yourself to stand out of the crowd you need to put in a little more effort to make your blog unique.
- You not need to make your blog amazing only but need to focus on posting frequency, readers interaction how they feel after reading a particular blog, what would be the optimal post length and much more.
11. Promote Your Blog.
- One of the most important and the crucial step after your blog is up & running is to Promote it and increase the reader base.
- you need to Promote it on all the possible avenues such as email, social media, & twitter.