Email Marketing Strategy is A Plan Of Action designed for achieving the organizational goals by engaging more customers. By understanding their interest and requirements personalized emails are sent to them.
Creating an Email strategy we need to understand them and have to act like a customer what comes in his mind and what exactly he is looking for
Steps you need to take for Defining an email marketing strategy.
1. Create and grow your contact list:
- The first and most the important step to take and start in defining email strategy is building and growing your email list. You need to send emails to people which are not possible without having a proper email address data. For growing your customer base the most important thing which you need to keep in mind is to grow it organically.
- Building your customer base is not so easy, it will be only when your website is in the first place in the search results. Customers visiting your blog or site already have an interest in what you offer to them. So, inviting them to sign-up might be an easier task over here than anywhere else.
- Integrating social platforms and telling the followers and customers about the benefits can grow your mailing list.
- We can opt for many other strategies to build and grow our customer base like incentive schemes, offers, free subscriptions etc. For Example Get the best and new products in your inbox please subscribe.
2. Defining the Email Marketing Goals:
A goal is an idea or an aim of a person which he envisions to achieve. Goals are futuristic in nature and are the observable and measurable end results having an objective.
Like other marketing tools, without a clear strategy, email marketing is nothing. Before starting an email campaign, you need to define why you are sending it & to whom and ask yourself what do you want to achieve by sending this email?
You also need to find the most suitable way to examine if your email has achieved the goal which you have predefined, for this you can do A/B testing and compare campaign performances and can easily differentiate which one was most successful.
3. Campaign planning:
Now you have your contact list with predefined goals, Your next step is to plan your campaign. What do you include in the email which you are sending out to the customers?
So, there are some elements that are must to include in every email.
- SUBJECT LINE is an introduction that determines the intent of an email. It’s a catchy phrase which attracts the attention of the readers. It must be relevant and to the point. The subject line keeps your email out of the box and is the first thing which is to be shown and seen by the reader. Keep it precise and meaningful.
- FROM NAME: From name is the name which appears in the email from whom it has been sent. It protects your email from getting into the trash folder. Put in such a name which is recognizable to them, for example, your brand name.
- PREHEADER: It is an effective way of gathering and summarizing the content of an email especially on mobile devices.
- CALL TO ACTION: For achieving the objectives of an email campaign call to action buttons play an important and inevitable role to be performed by the readers. While creating a campaign keep it in mind what you want your readers to do after reading your email. Create easy CALL TO ACTIONS which can be navigated easily on desktops and mobile devices.
4. Designing an Email:
In today’s Technological world there are a number of things which we need to consider while creating a campaign. First is to think about the engagement and another one is the responsiveness. How readers are considering them, always think from the perspective of a reader how he perceives and reacts upon receiving an email. Arrange items in your email according to the order you want them to be read by the subscriber.
For designing an email we must consider the points mentioned below:
- BE RESPONSIVE: While creating an email campaign keep in mind both of the devices which are to be used in reading an email whether it is desktop or a mobile device. Make it desktop friendly as well as mobile-friendly/ Mobile responsive.
- DESIGN FOR DELIVERABILITY: deliverability is dependent on the amount of content available in the email, large emails take more time to load and sometimes are chopped down by some email clients. Keep a perfect balance of text and infographics which has a great impact on readers mind and also keeps it away from the spam folder.
5. Making Emails Relevant
- Nowadays, we all receive a number of emails. But how many of them are actually relevant? For making email marketing strategy a success, we need to create a unique message that is really addressing the needs of your customer’s and send them the at the right time.
- This is the last step in setting up your email marketing strategy is to find out how effective your email campaign has been, and how much you have learnt from your past experiences. To do this, you simply need to get some feedback from the customers to find out what they like about your brand and is there any need for improvisation.
So, email marketing strategy is a pathfinder which gives us a path and helps us to find and target customers in an effective manner.