Email Marketing is an act of targetting customers by sending them electronic mail( e-mail). It’s a common & effective method of connecting with customers. E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses electronic mail as a means of communication and has more impact on consumers in a variety of ways. In general, email marketing is more evolved, the digital form of traditional direct mail marketing.
In a broader sense, we can say every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered as email marketing.
Usage Of Email
- You can’t signup for anything without an email address
- People still rely heavily on email at work and engage with brands
- E-mail consumption rates are continuously increasing
Benefits Of E-mail Marketing
- Acquire new leads/customers/registrants/clients
- Drive immediate sales
- Enhance customer retention programs
- Helps in building stronger relationships with new customers as well as with existing customers
- Provides a company or product information
- Increases revenue by upselling to existing customers
- Builds brand awareness
- Has a direct impact on the customer
- It’s a part of an integrated marketing strategy
- E-mails increase website traffic
Types of mailers
1. Direct Promotion Mailer
Direct promotional emails are those which promote your business by sending direct emails to your customers or prospective customers are known as direct promotion emails. direct emails include messages to offer new products, services, and deals & discounts run by your company.
For Example; Get 10% flat off on minimum purchase.
2. Usage Promotion Mailer
- These emails are sent to the users on the basis of their activities, for example, if you signed up for something but you don’t have it on my computer/mobile phone.
- they are personalized mailers (mentioning the name of the user)
- Call-To-Action would be there.
check out the example;
3. Educational Mailer
We may be overlooking one of the most effective and strategic tactics of marketing tool, which is educational emails. Educating your customers is a relatively straightforward idea but seriously that you get it right. But the thing is that we need to give them the relevant and valuable information which they are looking for. The most important thing over here is that we should focus on their needs and wants not of your own.
It simply means that educational emails are the informative messages related to anything which focuses on the needs and wants of the customers which they are looking for. It could be Standalone or a series of emailers
Benefits of Educational Emails;
- Educational emails build trust.
- It builds Awareness.
- Drives Sales.
- Educational emails are shareable
- Your competitors are not doing it.
4. Feedback Mailer
A Feedback email is a message which contains a feedback about something or someone. Feedback emails are requested, especially when someone wants to know about the negative and positive points of a business or an individual. They are usually sent upon the request. It’s an effective email marketing strategy.
5. Outreach Mailer
An Outreach email is a program when you create an email which requests people to review your products, sites, services and hopefully gain links. It’s fruitful but it’s time-consuming. It is one One of the easiest ways to build links is through email outreach.
- Friendly Opener with personalized name
- Provides an introduction with context and is straight to the point
- Includes a fact and a feature of the content to hook interest
- A simple link to content
- it’s an honest and open asking for feedback
- starts a possible relationship and offers help and value
6. Trigger Based Mailers
Trigger emails are delivered to the customers’ in their inboxes on the basis of their behaviour. Most of the trigger based emails are divided into two categories: event-based emails and segment based emails.
In event-based emails, messages are triggered on actions performed by the customers that occur at a specific time. For example, every time customers make a purchase they receive an order confirmation email, transactional and welcome mail.
Segment-based emails are sent when customers fit a defined set of conditions, like attributes or activities. If a customer enrols in your “Enterprise Plan,” you may choose to send them email campaigns which are meant only for enterprise brands.
Types of Trigger Based Mailers
- when a subscriber makes a purchase, updates their profile, or opt-in these emails are triggered.
- The trigger based email can be used to reinforce your brand, promote specific services and products, build trust, and make the customer feel important. For example, order placed, order delivered. Welcome emails and confirmation emails are included in transactionally based mailers.
- Messages are sent out based on a recurring event, such as the customers birthday, or the date of renewal for a service or re-order for a product.
- Messages are sent when a subscriber reaches a particular threshold, such as VIP purchase amount or some other event that is recognizable.
- Or we can say when a subscriber reaches at a point of saturation or peak point.
Effective Email Marketing Checklist
- Interesting Subject Line
- Lean & to the point.
- Properly Formatted.
- No Grammar mistakes &
- Call-To-Action (CTA) Should be there.